Dependable Supply Chain Services is seeking an Area Safety and Compliance Specialist for our Northern California Area. This position will require working closely with terminal managers to ensure all Safety, Compliance and training programs are done efficiently. He/she will be a hands on safety specialist helping implement programs and procedures in compliance with Company, State and Federal regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Sets the tone for ensuring all operators are current with training requirements of company and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures all safety manuals, programs, policies and practices are current and meet the needs of the operating terminals.
- Resides as the expert in EPA and OSHA, CDL compliance and regulations.
- Ensures all new hires meet minimum general qualifications for each terminal including background and DMV checks.
- Ensures that safety technology tools are used and those results are examined, trend data is analyzed and plans are developed to reduce and then prevent future safety incidents.
- Oversees corporate safety policies, Incentives and programs effectively and consistently, including assignment of preventable accident Safety Points.
- Ensures a consistent safety culture throughout the assigned terminals that incorporate operations, warehouse and maintenance departments and emphasizes the team approach and individual responsibility of all employees to achieve common goals.
- Work with corporate claims staff to ensure that all liability and worker’s compensation claims are handled promptly and effectively and in an effort to reduce financial liability as well as recoup on all subrogatable claims.
- Proactively manage all employee accident and injury claims in an effort to minimize lost time and light duty claims. Work with local medical facilities to ensure that injured employees are placed on light duty as quickly as possible and are returned to full-duty status promptly.
- Oversees successful completion of all related audits including those conducted by corporate and terminal staff and by state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Leads the area terminals in safety organization regarding initial ongoing behind the wheel instruction according to corporate specifications in all aspects.
- Transportation safety experience.
- Experience working in ground truckload, LTL and ware housing.
- Previous ground truckload and or LTL transportation safety in or similar environment preferred.
- Current Class A Driver’s License with appropriate endorsements (Hazmat, Air Brake, Double Triple).
- College Degree or five (5) + years of safety management experience.
- Knowledge of all applicable safety rules, regulations – California Highway Patrol, FMCSA.
- Knowledge of FMCSA regulations.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with all departments.
- Ability to work independently and objectively.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Familiar with windows-based computer operating systems and Microsoft Office packages.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft applications experience.
Position requires 50 – 75% travel within the region and will require frequent overnight travel.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. Dependable Supply Chain Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email resumes to Maria.Ramirez@godependable.com