Under minimum supervision, is responsible for the warehouse operations and personnel in order to support the safety efforts and customer service requirements. Will plan, assign and monitor day-to-day activities. Be consistent with company policy and procedures. Requires 5 years warehouse experience, with at least 3 years in a supervisory/ management capacity
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Schedule receiving, pulling and loading activities
· Monitor progress and performance of tasks for checking accuracy for freight moving in and out of warehouse.
· Provide good customer relations
· Inventory rotation
· Conducts and or participates in Safety Meetings
· Assign and monitor department’s housekeeping duties
· Perform such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
· Monitor subordinates’ performance and administer actions as defined.
· Provide guidance to administrative subordinates.
· Should have superior organizational/communication skills and through understanding of warehouse systems.
· Must have knowledge of personal computers including general office software, and or on-line systems knowledge.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in management /administration responsibilities desired.
Must have at least 3+ year’s experience in a direct supervision capacity. Logistics/Transportation industry experience highly preferred. Familiar with regional, state and federal regulations as required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills required.
· Able to work effectively with a wide range of personnel.
· Bilingual required in San Diego, preferred in other locations.
Strong mathematical/statistical analysis knowledge required.
Strong analytical skills, as well as, independent thinking/reasoning ability. Demonstrate professional image in the work environment, both personal and professional.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Professional HR organization participation preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Proficiency in computer skills; Word, Excel, payroll and database systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Computer use requires good vision and ability to use keyboard. Ability to manipulate data on computer screen sees fine numbers. Ability to lift and carry 50-75 pounds. Regular use of hands, fingers and eyes required. Ability to communicate effectively required. Some travel required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A general warehouse /distribution environment with moderate /high power lift equipment operations. The office environment is professional. Noise level quiet to moderate. Exposure to office machines, phones, faxes, computers and copiers.
Phone: (323) 526-2200